Cupp Elected Ohio House Speaker for 134th General Assembly
State lawmakers selected Rep. Bob Cupp (R-Lima) to continue serving as speaker of the Ohio House. Cupp laid out a blueprint of how he wants the next two years of the 134th General Assembly to look.
Cupp says he wants the new session to have a robust committee process where representatives can have effective debates where they can "disagree without being disagreeable."
Cupp says success for the House isn't based on how many bills it passes.
"But more broadly in the opportunities we expand, the rights we protect, and the lives we improve because of our efforts," Cupp said.
The rest of the Republican caucus leadership includes:
- Speaker Pro Tempore - Rep. Tim Ginter (R-Salem)
- Majority Floor Leader -Rep. Bill Seitz (R-Cincinnati)
- Assistant Majority Floor Leader - Rep. Rick Carfagna (R-Genoa Township)
- Majority Whip - Rep. Don Jones (R-Freeport)
- Assistant Majority Whip - Rep. Cindy Abrams (R-Harrison)
As for the House Minority Caucus, the Democrats selected Rep. Emilia Sykes (D-Akron) to continue leading in that position.
The other leadership posts for the House Democrats are:
- Assistant Minority Leader - Rep. Kristin Boggs (D-Columbus)
- Minority Whip - Rep. Paula Hicks-Hudson (D-Toledo)
- Assistant Minority Whip - Rep. Richard Brown (D-Canal Winchester)
- Caucus Chair - Rep. Phil Robinson (D-Solon)
Copyright 2021 The Statehouse News Bureau. To see more, visit The Statehouse News Bureau.