Summit Metro Parks to Recycle Used Christmas Trees
Summit Metro Parks is holding its annual drop-off locations for used Christmas trees.
Lindsay Smith is the marketing coordinator for Metro Parks. She says the trees are used to beautify its parks.
Residents can give their trees a second life beyond Christmas and the Metro Parks can use this wood to chip into mulch, and our crew use it around our trailheads to use as landscaping compost.
Smith says they usually get over 100 yards of mulch from the donations.
Metro parks began the Christmas tree recycling program in 1970.
Drop-off locations will be open through Jan. 31:
- Firestone Metro Park, Little Turtle Pond, 2400 Harrington Rd., Akron
- Furnace Run Metro Park, Brushwood Area, 4955 Townsend Rd., Richfield
- Goodyear Heights Metro Park, Main Entrance (rear parking lot), 2077 Newton St., Akron
- Nimislia Reservoir Metro Park, South Main 2 Lot, 5531 S. Main St., Green
- Sand Run Metro Park, Treaty Line Area, 995 Treaty Line Rd., Akron
- Silver Creek Metro Park, Big Oak Area, 5199 Medina Line Rd., Norton