The funding allows the university to start a new program called COPE, in which master's students will gain real world experience engaging in the community.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- Stone Tools Discovery in Ohio Could Be the Largest Ice Age Cache Found in North America
- U.S.S. Cod Submarine Leaving Cleveland for the First Time in More Than 50 Years
- Summit Metro Parks Suspends Lake Swimming for the Summer
- Education Strategists See a Post-Pandemic Renaissance
- Advice to Recent Graduates Who Dream of Working in the Sports Industry
From the WKSU Newsroom
Pandemic relief funds are set aside to prevent these road hazards that have cause significant damaage in some parts of Ohio.
Ohio has settled a lawsuit filed just three months ago with a pharmacy benefits manager it accused of using subcontractors to overcharge Ohio’s Medicaid...
Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan will be facilitating a community town hall Thursday at 5:30 p.m. with the final four candidates for police chief. People can submit questions through noon Wednesday.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says distracted driving is a big problem and to prove it, the agency is tracking those cases on a new public dashboard.
PARTA, Portage Area Regional Transportation Authority, is modifying some of its routes because it cannot find enough drivers.
A bill in the Ohio House would make it illegal for employers or schools to mandate vaccinations. Gov. Mike DeWine has some thoughts on the measure.
The View from Pluto
- From Hiking to Kayaking, the Pandemic Connects Northeast Ohioans to the Great Outdoors
- Cleveland State University Rewards Coach Dennis Gates With a Generous New Contract After Just Two Years
- What's Next for the Cavs After a 22-50 Season?
- 'It's Getting Hard to Watch': No-Hitters and Strikeouts Are Dominating Baseball Now More Than Ever
- Baseball is Finally Back at Akron's Canal Park After Canceled 2020 Season
- Cleveland.com's Annie Nickoloff on Her Favorite New Local Music and the Return of Wonderstruck
- New Record Store in Massillon Aims to Reignite the 'Joy' of Discovering Music After the Pandemic
- Chrissy Strong Gets Raw About Her Addiction, Recovery on Debut EP ‘Bones’
- The Building's New Album Pays Tribute to a Famed Recording Studio and Youngstown Pizza Shop
- Youngstown Music Scene Supports Westside Bowl with Rebreather’s Pay-it-Forward Pizza Idea