The funding allows the university to start a new program called COPE, in which master's students will gain real world experience engaging in the community.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- Stone Tools Discovery in Ohio Could Be the Largest Ice Age Cache Found in North America
- U.S.S. Cod Submarine Leaving Cleveland for the First Time in More Than 50 Years
- Summit Metro Parks Suspends Lake Swimming for the Summer
- Education Strategists See a Post-Pandemic Renaissance
- Advice to Recent Graduates Who Dream of Working in the Sports Industry
From the WKSU Newsroom
Ohio's senior senator says the bill seeks to improve voting rights around the county.
While Brood X cicadas might be a nuisance to some, others are serving them for dinner.
After garnering unanimous support, the bill that allows student athletes to wear religious apparent during school sporting events is on its way to the House.
Donna Skoda says the FDA's move to extend the expiration date for vaccines is nothing new.
Republican and Democratic lawmakers are laying out their case for why they think former house speaker and sitting representative Larry Householder, who faces corruption charges, should be kicked out of office.
The View from Pluto
- From Hiking to Kayaking, the Pandemic Connects Northeast Ohioans to the Great Outdoors
- Cleveland State University Rewards Coach Dennis Gates With a Generous New Contract After Just Two Years
- What's Next for the Cavs After a 22-50 Season?
- 'It's Getting Hard to Watch': No-Hitters and Strikeouts Are Dominating Baseball Now More Than Ever
- Baseball is Finally Back at Akron's Canal Park After Canceled 2020 Season
- Cleveland.com's Annie Nickoloff on Her Favorite New Local Music and the Return of Wonderstruck
- New Record Store in Massillon Aims to Reignite the 'Joy' of Discovering Music After the Pandemic
- Chrissy Strong Gets Raw About Her Addiction, Recovery on Debut EP ‘Bones’
- The Building's New Album Pays Tribute to a Famed Recording Studio and Youngstown Pizza Shop
- Youngstown Music Scene Supports Westside Bowl with Rebreather’s Pay-it-Forward Pizza Idea