The Ohio Supreme Court hears arguments for and against those legislative maps Wednesday.
Trending from WKSU
From the WKSU Newsroom
In its last meeting of the Frank Jackson era, Cleveland City Council decided to push until next year — when a new council president and new mayor take over — the decision on how to spend $70 million in coronavirus relief dollars that the Jackson administration had proposed.
Emanuel Franklin, whose son Desmond was killed by a Cleveland police officer on April 9, 2020, said Monday he hopes the lawsuit his family filed in Cuyahoga County leads to a prison sentence for the officer, who was not disciplined by the city and not indicted by a county grand jury.
Business and higher education leaders are backing the plan.
So, he wants to use $250 million in federal dollars to provide more staff, training, programs, and wellness initiatives.
Sweetening employment deals for new hires and offering retention incentives are key for hospitals trying to replace workers who have left and keep those who remain.
Morning Headlines: COVID cases and hospitalizations continue to climb; Akron struggles with school bus driver shortageThe state’s three-week COVID-19 case average is at around 6,000, the highest it's been since October; Akron is the latest district to announce bussing delays due to a driver shortage; Ohio wrapped up its latest COVID-19 vaccine lottery, awarding five $100,000 college scholarships; and more stories.
The View from Pluto
- Kent State found a coach and quarterback to lift football to success
- Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski is having his 'rookie' year
- 'There's magic in those voices': reflecting on the Cleveland sports radio titans lost this year
- The Browns' AFC North Has Become a Young Quarterback Battle
- Four Years Into Their Rebuild, the Young Cavs Must 'Show Promise' This Season
- Akron hip-hop duo Free Black! explores socioeconomic themes on 'Black Tuesday!'
- Hometown Rock Hall Inductee Dave Grohl Is a Catalyst for Warren’s Revival
- Cleveland Scene's Jeff Niesel on the 2021 Rock Hall Class and Chatting with the Go-Go's
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Turns the Spotlight on Cleveland's Music Scene
- Holden Laurence Releases 'Cathartic' New EP