In 2014, a study found that only 1.4% of orchestra musicians were Black. In 2022, it's hard to know if that number is better or worse.
From the WKSU Newsroom
Data presented during Akron's Health Equity Summit showed the rate at which black infants died before reaching their first birthdays dropped in 2020, but it also showed that Black people died at a greater rate from diseases including COVID-19; Another strike by 275 teachers at Garfield Heights City Schools is planned if they don't reach an agreement with the school administration; and more stories.
The Kremlin says Russian President Vladimir Putin intends to formally annex four territories from Ukraine on Friday, following staged referendums that were condemned by the West.
A group of 275 teachers at Garfield Heights City Schools are prepared to go on strike if they cannot come to an agreement with school administration.
This will be the first international direct flight at the airport since 2018.
- OH Really? How to pronounce Cuyahoga
- Cornering the spelling, punctuation of street names. OH Really?
- The road to Blossom is paved with Steels Corners. OH Really?
- Cuyahoga County keeps its feet on the ground while reaching for the 'Heights.' OH Really?
- Backyard Bird Count in Cleveland, Akron this weekend
The View from Pluto
- How the Cleveland Guardians defied the odds to run away with the division title
- Browns' collapse to the Jets underscores the 'unspoken transaction' between players and fans
- Cavs go 'all in' with Donovan Mitchell trade
- What the Browns season looks like as they kickoff against former quarterback Baker Mayfield
- Likely MVP finalist José Ramírez is the Guardians' 'secret superstar'
- Catching up with Cleveland rockers Oregon Space Trail of Doom
- Chip Tha Ripper returns to Cleveland for Kid Cudi’s Moon Man’s Landing Festival
- Youngstown bassist Unc D delivers the energy of the Ohio funk and jazz scenes to streaming audiences
- Plan for PorchRokr’s 10-year celebration with Shuffle’s picks
- Medina native Rob Harvilla's podcast takes listeners through the music of the '90s