The Ohio Supreme Court hears arguments for and against those legislative maps Wednesday.
Trending from WKSU
From the WKSU Newsroom
There are several potential reasons for false-negative test results. One of the biggest is timing.
Five Cleveland City Council members who will not return for the new term said their farewells Monday night.
They're arguing over the new state legislative maps approved by Republican members of the Ohio Redistricting Commission.
Morning Headlines: Haitian gang releases 3 hostages from Holmes missionary group; Hospital systems restrict visitationsA religious group based in Holmes County has announced that a violent gang in Haiti has released three more hostages; two Northeast Ohio hospital systems are restricting visitations as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations rise; a Republican lawmaker is proposing legislation to attract and retain Ohio college students through a series of grants, scholarships and tax breaks; and more stories.
In its last meeting of the Frank Jackson era, Cleveland City Council decided to push until next year — when a new council president and new mayor take over — the decision on how to spend $70 million in coronavirus relief dollars that the Jackson administration had proposed.
Emanuel Franklin, whose son Desmond was killed by a Cleveland police officer on April 9, 2020, said Monday he hopes the lawsuit his family filed in Cuyahoga County leads to a prison sentence for the officer, who was not disciplined by the city and not indicted by a county grand jury.
The View from Pluto
- Kent State found a coach and quarterback to lift football to success
- Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski is having his 'rookie' year
- 'There's magic in those voices': reflecting on the Cleveland sports radio titans lost this year
- The Browns' AFC North Has Become a Young Quarterback Battle
- Four Years Into Their Rebuild, the Young Cavs Must 'Show Promise' This Season
- Akron hip-hop duo Free Black! explores socioeconomic themes on 'Black Tuesday!'
- Hometown Rock Hall Inductee Dave Grohl Is a Catalyst for Warren’s Revival
- Cleveland Scene's Jeff Niesel on the 2021 Rock Hall Class and Chatting with the Go-Go's
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Turns the Spotlight on Cleveland's Music Scene
- Holden Laurence Releases 'Cathartic' New EP