A new farm has turned vacant land productive, but restrictions within city limits is hindering its growth.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- WKSU and Ideastream Public Media Enter Into Merger Agreement
- Abandoned Canton Airport Puts Drone in Its Place: on the Ground. OH Really?
- How a Numbers Guru with a Plan for a 'Shared Vision' Helped Turn Around the Browns
- PUCO Audit on FirstEnergy Finds 'Minor Non-Compliance' With Some Affiliates
- 'He Doesn’t Want to Finish This Way': Ailing Manager Terry Francona's Uncertain Future in Cleveland
From the WKSU Newsroom
The South Korean conglomerate is in the negotiating stages of acquiring property in Washington Township, which it would use to construct the solar farm. New state legislation that becomes effective in October could impact the deal.
The council will offer input on how the Cleveland area should use the remaining COVID-19 funds.
This year, walks will happen at three sites to raise awareness for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders in mothers and fathers.
Morning Headlines: GOP Rep. Anthony Gonzalez Won't Seek Reelection; Ohio to Receive 855 Afghan RefugeesGonzalez, who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump for his role in inciting the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol, will not seek reelection next year; Gov. Mike DeWine says more than 850 Afghan refugees will be arriving in Ohio and placed within eight local resettlement agencies; the COVID surge continues to gain strength in Ohio, with more than 8,300 new cases and 355 hospitalizations reported on Thursday; and more stories.
The 16th district representative made the announcement on Twitter Thursday night.
COVID Hospitalizations Are Higher Than This Time Last Year and Doctors Say It's Threatening Patient CareThe Ohio Department of Health reports the number of cases now rivals last winter's surge.
- More Woolly Aphids in the Yard This Year? OH Really?
- The Northern Border Re-opens Today, But What If You Want to Travel to the U.S. from Canada?
- You Can Get a Replacement Vaccine Card. OH Really?
- Getting a Third COVID Vaccination May Not Help. OH Really?
- Every Pair of Giant Scissors Has a Story. OH Really?
The View from Pluto
- 'Tough, Smart, Accountable': The Browns' 2020 Mantra Carries into a New Season with Bigger Expectations
- Behind the Trade That Sent Cavs Hometown Fan Favorite Larry Nance Jr. to Portland
- 40 Years and Counting: Cleveland's Last Perfect Game and Len Barker's Life After Baseball
- Remembering Browns' Great Dick Schafrath: a Hall of Fame-Caliber Player Who Was 'Larger-Than-Life'
- Nick Chubb's Contract Extension Signals the 'Browns Tariff' Is Over
- Eclectic Musical Duo Sunflurry Flee New Orleans and Grow New Roots in Akron
- Since 'The Voice' Fame, Cleveland's Emily Keener Shows Independence, Growth with Latest Album
- Proof of Vaccination is the Ticket to Concerts in Northeast Ohio This Fall
- Plan for PorchRokr 2021 with Shuffle’s Picks
- 'Music is My Medicine': Uno Lady’s Experimental Album Offers Guided Meditations for a Busy Mind