The University of Akron is undergoing unprecedented challenges as it struggles to close a $65 million budget gap. Its response includes a radical redesign of the school’s academic structure. What will it mean for the future of Akron’s flagship polymer program?
- New Chapters for Two Akron Landmarks: Tangier Restaurant and Former Beacon Journal Building
- Summit County Coronavirus Alert Level Increases; Mandatory Public Face Mask Starts Friday
- The View From Pluto: Social Change Calls for a New Name for the Cleveland Indians
- Akron Eliminates Columbus Day, Establishes Welcoming Month Starting in 2021
- Akron May Be Next Ohio City With A Mask Mandate
They fume and rage and demand their rights. Sometimes they even get violent. In the age of COVID-19, most people practice social distancing guidelines when they go into stores and restaurants, putting on masks and standing 6 feet behind other customers. Still, there are the nightmare customers — those who refuse to comply. "I've had a lot of conflict. I've had a lot of pushback from people," says Brenda Leek, owner of Curbside Eatery in La Mesa, Calif. One woman entered Leek's restaurant...