For years, the city has offered 15-year, full tax abatements for new or renovated housing. The Bibb administration is proposing to cap those tax breaks for more expensive homes and scale back the benefit on better-off blocks of the city.
Trending from WKSU
From the WKSU Newsroom
Jamie Dimon spoke to members of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce in a Statehouse event.
Cleveland City Council’s transportation committee on Wednesday approved “complete and green streets” legislation that would task city officials with incorporating transit, walking, biking, trees and stormwater management in new road projects.
Northeast Ohio mental health agencies say staff shortages are hindering their ability to help people with behavioral and substance abuse issuesOhio Governor Mike DeWine recently announced new plans to help address the severe shortage of mental health workers and United Way of Cleveland is hosting a virtual conversation on Thursday to shine a light on the issue.
The COVID-19 picture remains positive in Northeast Ohio even while the virus continues to circulate across the state, Ohio health officials said during a press conference Wednesday.
The Coit Road Farmers Market is helping East Clevelanders cultivate their own crops with its beginning farmers apprenticeship program. This program comes just in time for the market’s 90th anniversary and the start of the 2022 growing season.
The Lake Catholic boys varsity lacrosse player was photographed with a swastika on his leg during a match with Orange; Ohio high school principals have voted down a proposal that would allow athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness; FirstEnergy will replace six board members in the continuing fallout from the HB 6 bribery scandal; and more stories.
- Cornering the spelling, punctuation of street names. OH Really?
- The road to Blossom is paved with Steels Corners. OH Really?
- Cuyahoga County keeps its feet on the ground while reaching for the 'Heights.' OH Really?
- Backyard Bird Count in Cleveland, Akron this weekend
- Some robins love winter in Ohio. OH Really?
The View from Pluto
- 25 years after forming a team with LeBron James in Akron, Keith Dambrot and Dru Joyce III reunite on the sidelines
- The Browns add depth and find a kicker, but fail to unload their former quarterback in the draft
- Former Kent State quarterback Dustin Crum will try his luck in the NFL Draft
- Behind the NFL's tanking investigation into the Browns, and what the league should do about it
- Who is the Guardians' break-out star rookie Steven Kwan?
- Dan Bruce brings :beta collective modern jazz group from Chicago to Cleveland
- The Vindys strengthen their hometown roots while branching out beyond Youngstown
- EarthQuaker Symphony creates a confluence of classical and electronic music
- Cleveland's Brite Winter outdoor music festival returns to the Flats
- From open mics to home recordings: how the pandemic changed Ray Flanagan’s approach to music