Judges in Akron want to clear up questions about how the judicial system works for people in the community. Akron Municipal Court has launched a new program called Have Gavel, Will Travel, to connect judges with schools, churches, scout troops and other community organizations. Akron Municipal Judge Jon Oldham said one obstacle is convincing people the court isn’t just there to lock them up. “The court is also there to provide treatment and services to those in our community who are suffering...
- Summit Lake's Revival Provides a Model for Turning Around a Neighborhood
- Summit County Leaders Prepare for Opioid Trial
- The View From Pluto: The Browns Get a Slice of Humble Pie
- Call to Collect Milkweed Seed Pods Aims to Help Monarch Butterfly Populations
- Ohio's Top Doctor Concerned About Vaccination Bill