Following the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, states are fortifying their legislative buildings and calling in the National Guard in anticipation of potentially violent protests.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- House Votes To Impeach Trump, But Senate Trial Before Jan. 20 Unlikely
- 4 Ways President Trump's 2nd Impeachment Will Change Washington
- Browns Embrace the Underdog Role as Playoff Run Continues in Kansas City
- Summit County Leaders Outline Plans for Phase 1B COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- Firearms Instructor Questions Wisdom of Ohio's New 'Stand Your Ground' Law
From the WKSU Newsroom
Suspect was also shot. All are expected to survive.
The office furniture manufacturer plans to hire more staff and is adding capacity to its location on Romig Road.
The industries saw revenue fall 26% because of the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in less money for the state.
The Ohio Democratic Party has a new chair. Summit County Council woman Liz Walters was elected last night by the party’s executive committee.
Morning Headlines: Statehouse, State and Cleveland Offices to Close Amid Protest Threat; Ohio Surpasses 800,000 COVID-19 CasesGov. Mike DeWine says the Statehouse and other state buildings in downtown Columbus will be closed through Inauguration Day; Ohio has surpassed 800,000 COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic with more than 7,600 reported on Thursday; Gov. Mike DeWine says the state is rolling out an online tool allowing residents to look up locations where the coronavirus vaccine is available; and more stories.
Increase in Voter Turnout for the 2020 General Election Prepares Ohio for Possible Challenges in the FutureWith an election as big as 2020's, Ohio saw an increase in the number of voters and is prepared to make adjustments for the upcoming spring election.
- OH Really? Explores COVID's Impact on the Cost of Health Care
- Doctors and Health Departments Working to Get You the COVID Vaccine. OH Really?
- A Look at Current COVID Vaccines and Those Coming. OH Really?
- Stark County Medical Director Says Despite Coronavirus Vaccine, People Need to Stay Vigilant
- Is Your Family Reported if You Test Positive for Coronavirus? OH Really? Finds Out
The View from Pluto
- The Browns are Dealt a Big Blow as Stefanski, Others are Sidelined with COVID-19 For Sunday's Playoff Game
- The View From Pluto: The Browns Face a Win or Go Home Game Against The Steelers
- After Nine Months Off the Court, The Cavs Are Back. Can They Get Your Attention?
- Cleveland Baseball Fans Enter a Winter of Changes
- On the Brink of Elimination, Baseball's Mahoning Valley Scrappers Get New Life in Niles
- Shuffle's Favorite Local Music of 2020
- From Virtual Collaboration to Finding Motivation: Creating Music During COVID
- Area Independent Music Venues Fight to Stay Afloat as COVID-19 Cases Spike
- Trumpeter Theresa May Shares the 'Calluses' Black Women Build in the Classical World
- Backline Cleveland Announces Winners of Its Music Accelerator Program