Now that Cleveland's baseball team has selected its new name, our sports commentator Terry Pluto has details behind the process.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- Ohio Health Officials Outline Recommendations for Mask-Wearing in Schools This Fall
- The Political Fallout from FirstEnergy's Deal with the Feds
- Starbucks in Kent's Historic Capt'n Brady's Building Closes, Future of Site Unclear
- Ruling Expected Soon in Lawsuit Over $300 Weekly Unemployment Checks
- Without COVID-19 restrictions, Summit County Fair Returns with Full Schedule
From the WKSU Newsroom
Morning Headlines: Daily COVID Cases Rise to 1,317; Group Seeks State Law to Regulate Marijuana Like AlcoholCoronavirus cases on Tuesday spiked to the highest number seen since early May; a pro-marijuana group is pushing to have the Ohio Legislature legalize recreational marijuana in the state; A new survey shows Ohio communities along the Lake Erie shore are facing more than $370 million in damage over the next five years, and more stories.
The partnership will provide more events for the community, with the first scheduled for Aug. 15.
Adults over the age of 21 would be able to buy and use marijuana recreationally and grow up to six plants per person.
The bill calls for giving each member $1,000 as a thank-you gift for performing a variety of tasks to support communities.
Less than 50% of Ohioans are fully vaccinated. And numbers from Ohio’s Department of Health show a staggering difference between serious COVID cases in unvaccinated and vaccinated Ohioans.
Republican U.S. Senator Rob Portman says he’s concerned about the U.S. House committee that is looking into the January 6th attack on the nation’s Capitol building.
- Getting a Third COVID Vaccination May Not Help. OH Really?
- Every Pair of Giant Scissors Has a Story. OH Really?
- Summit Lake Was Once Home to 'Akron's Million Dollar Playground.' OH Really?
- Barberton Fried Chicken: The Pride of Ohio. "OH Really?"
- Telecommuters Might Get Income Tax Refunds. OH Really?
The View from Pluto
- Kent State University's 'Rational' Approach to Extending Men's Basketball Coach Rob Senderoff's Contract
- Cleveland Pins its Rebuild on its Specialty: Stocking Up on Young Pitchers
- After 18 Years in the NBA, it's LeBron James vs. Father Time
- 'He Wanted to Be The Bridge Across Racial Lines': Remembering Cleveland Pitcher Jim "Mudcat" Grant
- What the Supreme Court's NCAA Ruling Means for the Future of Division I Schools Like Akron, Kent
- Pianist Rob Kovacs Reflects on His Emotional Debut Solo Album 10 Years in the Making
- Sounds and Reflections from The Cleveland Orchestra's First Rehearsal in 16 Months
- As Live Music Returns, Local Venues Still Face Challenges Post-Pandemic
- Cory Grinder and The Playboy Scouts Draws on New Music Incubator Program, Label to Make Album and Tour a Reality
- On Juneteenth, ‘In Search of the Land’ Collaborative Album Celebrates Black Identity and Opportunity in Cleveland