A 15-minute call with J&J executives on a Sunday afternoon stretched into a 75-minute turning point. "We have to take bold action and overwhelm this," a senior official said.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- Pregnant Women, Childcare Workers, Law Enforcement Soon Eligible For COVID Vaccine
- Ohio Might Soon Move COVID Vaccine Eligibility Down to 60 Years Old
- DeWine Dangles Hope for Return to Normal, Taking First Steps to Lift Pandemic Restrictions
- There's a Grace Period for Your Second Vaccine Dose. OH Really?
- WAKC Alumni Look Back, Decades After TV News Left Town
From the WKSU Newsroom
Ohio’s major league professional hockey team is back on the ice in front of fans after the governor signed an order allowing up to 25% capacity for indoor sports.
Morning Headlines: State to Retire System After 4K Uncounted Deaths; Attendance Rules Relaxed at Sports Venues, Banquet HallsAn outdated reporting system that led to the undercount of more than 4,200 COVID-19 deaths in Ohio will now be retired; two new health orders are now in effect that relax rules for Ohio professional and youth sports as well as wedding and entertainment venues; an Akron-based call center is closing, eliminating 150 jobs; and more stories.
The Ohio Senator says he is disappointed that the most recent package passed by the House isn't bipartisan.
Weeks after it was discovered that thousands of deaths were not recorded, the state's Health Department is switching to a new process.
Ohio is drawing back on crowd restrictions for large events as two new health orders are now in effect for sports, wedding and entertainment venues.
A series of personal essays from community leaders in Stark County on the relevance of Black History Month in 2021.
- Listener Asks OH Really? About Status of Voter-Approved Redistricting Reforms
- Where Can You Get the COVID Vaccine and Are There Any Side Effects to Be Worried About? OH Really?
- OH Really? Checks COVID Vaccine Efficacy and Answers Questions About Travel
- OH Really? Explores COVID's Impact on the Cost of Health Care
- Doctors and Health Departments Working to Get You the COVID Vaccine. OH Really?
The View from Pluto
- 'The Game is His Oxygen': Ailing Tribe Manager Terry Francona Remains Committed to Cleveland
- Remembering Marty Schottenheimer and the 'Last Golden Age' of Browns Football
- Baseball Hall of Fame Voter Pluto on Why No New Players Will Be Inducted This Year
- After Five Straight Losing Seasons, Cleveland State Basketball Is 'Winning by Committee'
- Rising Above Racism and Giving Back: Hank Aaron’s Life After Becoming Baseball's Home Run King
- Akron Musicians Go 'Solo' on Compilation of Songs Recorded at Home During the Pandemic
- Songwriter Ben Gage Turns House Concerts into High-Quality, Pandemic-Safe Livestreams
- Author Adele Bertei Rewrites the Legacy of One of Cleveland's Underground Punk Icons
- 'Music is My Medicine': Uno Lady’s Experimental Album Offers Guided Meditations for a Busy Mind
- Shuffle's Favorite Local Music of 2020