Property investors, including a contingent based out of town, have been buying up homes in Cleveland. The practice is a source of worry for local housing advocates.
From the WKSU Newsroom
Crews from Ohio have been stationed in Florida and Georgia in preparation for restore and recovery efforts following the damage left behind by Hurricane Ian.
Cases are rising statewide but the outbreak has affected Cleveland and Cuyahoga County more than any others across Ohio; Ohio's U.S. Sen. Rob Portman met with members of Ukraine's parliament this week and is calling for more aid to be sent to help them fight Russian aggression; Northeast Ohio's broadband expansion program received half a million dollars from the state ... and more stories.
The Ohio Republican Party fired back, saying there was a lot of crime and poverty in Dayton when Nan Whaley, Democratic candidate for Ohio Governor, was the city’s mayor.
U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, a Republican, has been using his platform of floor speeches to call attention to Russia’s war against Ukraine and to ask the U.S. to send more aid.
Ohio has over 10 million acres of crop land. For decades much of it has been over-plowed, sprayed with fertilizers and stripped of its nutrients. Although recently, more farmers have seen the economic benefit of shifting their practices and being part of the climate change solution.
In the last 10 days, monkeypox cases in Cleveland increased 13%, and there was a 4% increase across the state of Ohio, according to a CDPH news release.
- OH Really? How to pronounce Cuyahoga
- Cornering the spelling, punctuation of street names. OH Really?
- The road to Blossom is paved with Steels Corners. OH Really?
- Cuyahoga County keeps its feet on the ground while reaching for the 'Heights.' OH Really?
- Backyard Bird Count in Cleveland, Akron this weekend
The View from Pluto
- How the Cleveland Guardians defied the odds to run away with the division title
- Browns' collapse to the Jets underscores the 'unspoken transaction' between players and fans
- Cavs go 'all in' with Donovan Mitchell trade
- What the Browns season looks like as they kickoff against former quarterback Baker Mayfield
- Likely MVP finalist José Ramírez is the Guardians' 'secret superstar'
- Megan Bouman finds herself and spirituality through her music as Wreck Like Me
- Catching up with Cleveland rockers Oregon Space Trail of Doom
- Chip Tha Ripper returns to Cleveland for Kid Cudi’s Moon Man’s Landing Festival
- Youngstown bassist Unc D delivers the energy of the Ohio funk and jazz scenes to streaming audiences
- Plan for PorchRokr’s 10-year celebration with Shuffle’s picks